Quidditch Europe (QE), is a sports organization that connects and represents all European National Quidditch Governing Bodies (NGBs) on a European-wide level.
Quidditch Europe is governing body for quidditch for the whole of Europe in all age and gender. The main interests for the organization is creating a fair and equal playing ground for international competition(s).
Each NGB who is a developing or full member under the IQA is entitled to representation and a vote on the European Committee. Representatives from emerging areas as identified by the IQA are welcome to sit on the Committee and participate in discussions, but will not be given a vote.
More specifically, Quidditch Europe aims to do four things:
- Create more official international gameplay opportunities
- Create policies to:
- unify gameplay across Europe, leading to easier international play
- regulate other broad aspects of the sport that are deemed necessary
- Create resources for NGB’s and teams to help both existing and new areas of Europe develop from their current level
- Develop the community of quidditch players in Europe and strengthen ties between teams and nations.